The Medical Information Bureau (MIB) maintains a consumer “medical report” file for every consumer of life and health insurance. In addition to an individual’s credit history, data collected by the Medical Information Bureau (MIB) may include medical conditions, driving records, criminal activity, drug use, participation in hazardous sports, and personal or family genetic history, among other facts. (Source: Federal Trade Commission Press Release, “Nation’s Largest Insurance Reporting Agency Agrees To Expand Consumer Rights – Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements to apply to insurance investigations under new policy accepted by Medical Information Bureau.” )
But, the Medical Information Bureau (MIB) does not offer a centralized, modern, and secure website to request, review, or dispute your consumer “medical report” file. Under Federal law, the Medical Information Bureau (MIB) is a “consumer-reporting agency” and must provide consumers with a medical report every 12 months. PLEASE NOTE, THE MEDICAL INFORMATION BUREAU DOES NOT HAVE A WEBSITE TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS. CONSUMERS PLEASE CALL 1-866-692-6901 BY TELEPHONE. (More information about requesting your annual medical report by telephone, the only option currently available to consumers.)
CONSUMERS – PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE MEDICAL INFORMATION BUREAU (MIB) DOES NOT OFFER A CENTRALIZED, MODERNIZED WEBSITE TO REQUEST, REVIEW, OR DISPUTE YOUR MEDICAL REPORT FILE. (More information about requesting your annual medical report by telephone, the only option currently available to consumers.)
- Order Your Medical Report File from the Medical Information Bureau Inc. (MIB)
- Download or Print a Free MIB Report Request Sample Form
- Free Print or Download – MIB Request Form for Annual Disclosure
- Meet the Medical Information Bureau, Inc.
- FTC on Your Access to Free Credit Reports – Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) & the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA)
- Check Your Yearly Medical Report File from Insurance Reporting Companies
- What is the Medical Information Bureau Inc. (MIB Inc.)?
- All Consumers Get an Annual Medical Report from MIB, Inc.